Silvretta alpine tours: Piz Buin 3312 m and Dreiländerspitze 3197 m
Two of the most beautiful and well-known 3000 m peaks in the Silvretta Group (A) | 2,5 days
Piz Buin 3312 m is certainly the "most dazzling personality" among the 70 3000-metre peaks of the Silvretta massif. However, the scenic Dreiländerspitze 3197 m, which connects Vorarlberg, Tyrol and Graubünden, is by no means less rewarding. Two unforgettable days of touring await you in high alpine surroundings on glaciers, snow and rock with a panorama that stretches from the Ortler group to Piz Bernina and as far as Tödi.
Experience of mountain alpine tours required; Terrain: moderately steep with short steeper rock, ice and firn sections; Alpine technique: beginner/basic course or similar basic knowledge
Duration from 5 to 7 hours, up to approx. 1,200 vertical meters, approx. 300 vertical meters per hour.
3-4 participants per mountain guide
12 a.m. Bielerhöhe
Approx. 4 p.m. at departure point
Payment in the hut is only possible in cash.
If you arrive in your own vehicle, parking is available along the pass at Bielerhöhe.
The approach to the Wiesbadener Hütte is done individually. The trail to the hut from the Bielerhöhe is easy to follow and well signposted and can also be done by mountain bike (map).
The offer is held in German. Therefore, a basic understanding of German is important. Our mountain guides have a basic knowledge of English and can provide the necessary information in English. Often there are helpful guests on the tours and courses who are happy to help with the translation.
Find out more about the right equipment here.
- Guiding and supervision by a mountain guide
- Accommodation: 2x hut (multibed room, except July 28th-30th in base camp)
- 15% discount on mammut.com
- Travel to the course
- Transport (ev. taxi)
- Snacks and drinks
- Rental equipment (climbing harness CHF 18, ice axe CHF 20, crampons CHF 18, climbing helmet CHF 18)
- Hut tax EUR 10 per night if not a SAC/Alpine Club member
- Contribution to the Travel Guarantee Fund (0.25% on total amount)
Our mountain guide will bring the ordered rental equipment to the meeting place. The following equipment can be rented:
Please note that the backpack with the equipment does not weigh more than 8 to 10 kg (crampons, ice axe, harness weigh about 1.5 kg).
- Climbing harness with 1x safelock carabiner
- Ice axe
- Crampons with ABS
- Climbing harness with 1x safelock carabiner (or 2x screw carabiners)
- Ice axe
- Crampons with ABS
- Backpack approx. 30l with rain cover
- Gaiter (optional)
- Telescopic trekking poles (optional)
- 1x Hardshell jacket and pants (wind- and waterproof)
- 1x Mountaineering or trekking pants
- 1x Soft shell and/or fleece jacket
- 1x Short/long functional underwear
- 1x Cap/headband and 1x hat
- 2 pairs of gloves (1 thin pair, 1 warm, windproof and waterproof pair)
- 1x Functional socks and 1x spare socks
- Hiking shoes or mountaineering shoes (at least ankle-high, hard sole)
- Own toiletries, ear plugs if required
- Clothes to wear in the hut (Minimum)
- Slipper socks are at the hut
- Sleeping bag liner made of silk or cotton (for hygienic reasons)
- Pillow (60x60)
- SAC/Alpine Club member card (if available)
- Breakfast and dinner at the hut
- Tea an lunch must be brought or can be bought at the hut
- Snacks (e.g. energy bars, dried fruit, dried meat)
- Sun cream and lip cream (SPF 30 or higher)
- Camera (optional)
- Half fare travelcard (if existing)
- Thermos flask made from break-proof material
- Headlamp with new batteries
- Small medicinal supplies for personal requirements